Sunday 24 June 2007

I love my job and my neighbourhood

Hi Everyone, I'm long overdue for an blog update, so here it goes...

I've been doing very well, but I've been real busy. For the last three weeks I've been working full-time at ECS, an English school in Edinburgh. It's a great school - great atmosphere, nice people, small classes (maximum 5 students), and it's less than 10 minutes from my flat!

I'll be working there full-time until September at least. It's on a great little residential street with lots of charm. It's without a doubt the best work "commute" I've ever had. I've never walked to work before, and Edinburgh is such a beautiful city, and I live/work in such a beautiful area, I'm feeling yet again that I live a charmed life.

I'll take more photos soon, but here's one from a student that shows some ECS teachers and students from Germany, Estonia, Spain, Poland, and Taiwan. This photo was taken outside the school.

4 comments:

Josh and Deliverance said...

You're right about being overdue for an update! :)
I have always wondered what sort of companies are in those coach houses. I thought it would be fun to work in one. Lucky you!

ErinOrtlund said...

Sounds like a great job! I bet you meet lots of interesting people there. Commute is great too!

Owen said...

Hi Brett and Joanna,
Glad to see you're both doing well and look great. Congratulations on the move to the big city and your new job, Brett. Some of your earlier photos remind me of Ireland, ah the memories. Next time you're in Seattle stop on by. Jazz really misses you, Brett, especially since the baby. Poor neglected dog. We changed the name of Owen's blog a while back so I don't know if you have the correct one or not, just in case it's www.owenwilliam.blogspot.com
Love,
Jean-Marie, Everett, Owen and Jazz the Spazz

ErinOrtlund said...

Hey Brett! You've been tagged. Go to my blog and see the meme--you're it! Only if you have time of course...